End of Summer Scones

Wednesday, September 18, 2013












Oh, scones. You are the food of my childhood tea party dreams. These are best right out of the oven, with a dollop of clotted cream, or a quick smear of softened butter alongside your favorite black tea.


Scones are ridiculously easy to make, and you can substitute this or that when you've run out of something (milk for cream, butter for shortening). I'd never tried layering my scones like this, which I thought was a pretty neat experiment, and they look so darn pretty this way. I had this lonely peach left over a few days after the famers market which was on its way to peach heaven and decided to slice it up and utilize it before it was inedible when I stumbled onto this recipe from joy the baker (everything on her site is just ahhmazing).

I don't know if I would layer the peaches again next time, but I certainly enjoyed the experiment, and they came out tasting oh-so-yummy with my cup of english breakfast when I made them that morning.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Hapa Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger