Strawberry Bruschetta and Mint Iced Tea

Sunday, June 9, 2013



My family loves to entertain. I have to admit living at home mostly stinks, but it can be really fun to make food for all the family friends that come over. Sunday nights I can count on a big dinner and lots of people and I usually take charge of appetizers and sides.

This weekend one of our family friends decided to bring ingredients for strawberry bruschetta (which I was originally skeptical about) that actually turned out great and was extremely simple to put together (and I actually highly recommend if you're throwing a dinner party and want an easy app). It was sweet, savory and totally delicious. I only wish I had grabbed the exact proportions for the recipe.

(It mixed cream and bleu cheese on toasted baguette with fresh strawberries and chopped chives).

On top of the easy h'orderves, I love to help my family provide cocktails, or refreshments that would otherwise not be included during dinner. Lately I have been really into making iced mint tea, which is a year round favorite hot or cold.


(To make a pitcher: Steep 4-5 mint tea bags in 1 cup boiled water. Remove bags, set aside (compost, reuse for another batch, or toss) add 1tsp of honey or agave mix and then add water and ice to taste.) 






4 comments:

  1. Yum - I wouldn't think that strawberry bruschetta would be an ideal appetizer but it looks amazing!

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally didn't think so either but the bleu cheese really made it a savory starter and it worked!

      Delete
  2. omg!! mint iced teas are the best summer thirst quencher!! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mint Iced Tea might be the greatest invention ever.

      Delete

The Hapa Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger