Phil's Fish Market

Thursday, June 6, 2013

One of my favorite places to visit when I go to the coast is Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. I can't really describe the euphoria I feel when I walk into Phil's but it's just this little kid before Disney excitement.

My boyfriend's family introduced me to this place on a visit to the coast when we started dating and now we try to make a trip at least once or twice a year for their phenomenal seafood Cioppino (which was actually featured on that one show with Bobby Flay where he tries to make his own better version and of course typically loses out to the hometown favorites).

All of their food is pretty amazing and if the Cioppino weren't so good I'd gladly swap for some fish and chips, but it is, so I don't.






(**As a random side note if you decide to visit Phil's bring an appetite because the portions are large. My boyfriend and I can usually split a 20$ cioppino that comes with salad and garlic bread and feel totally satisfied. You can swap out items if you're not a fan of mussels or scallops or something and replace it with more shrimp or crab which is awesome)





"This is not a fashion show, this is Phil's" - My boyfriend Jon regarding this lovely photo below:



And here's a lonely cup of clam chowder because it's actually really good and we pretty much always get a cup because more than that would be way too much combined with that giant seafood bowl of Cioppino (You can't not get the chowder, I'm pretty sure it's sacrilegious). 




What is your favorite getaway indulgence? 

Cheers! 

Siobhain 
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. haha so cute! Mike and I usually indulge in a wine bar with the most amazing wine flights and delicious steak about twice a year. It's so expensive that we aren't able to get there as often as we'd like.

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you girl. Phil's is actually pretty inexpensive.. for two beers and a cioppino it's like $37 and PLENTY of food, but if Jon and I are going to splurge there are plenty of places nearby that we love but have to save to afford.

      Love you! We should do dinner when you visist.

      Delete

The Hapa Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger